Skip to main content

eCore Pro - Michael Schlact

What is your occupation? I am a professional baseball player. 

What is your college major? Currently undecided but leaning towards journalism or communications. 

Why eCore? As much as I travel for my job, eCore is great. I don't have to be confined to a classroom. I can still play baseball and work toward my degree. 

Who is the biggest inspiration for your education? I always promised my parents that I'd go back after or while pursuing my career of professional baseball. My dad was a college professor, so education was something I had instilled in me from an early age. 

What is something cool you've learned this semester in eCore? I'm amazed at how many different types of people are in my classes. It's such a diverse classroom setting. It's great!

What three words would you use to describe one of your online instructors? Smart, Understanding, & Personable 

Where is your favorite place to visit in the USA? Maui, Hawaii

What kind of mood are you in right now, and why? Happy, because I'm watching playoff baseball. There's nothing better!

Your favorite study spot? I love Starbucks!

What is something your online classmates don't know about you? I'm 6'8 and very goofy!

Is there anything else you would like to share about yourself? I really appreciate this opportunity.

Michael Schlact is not only a professional baseball player, but also a prolific writer. You can read more about his life and his passion for baseball at his blog The Schlact Stories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Things to Consider Before Taking an Online Class While Overseas

Online Learning allows students the flexibility of continuing their educational journey from anywhere in the world. Online classes are an excellent option for students who are studying abroad for the semester, military members and families who are stationed overseas, or even those who want to take classes while traveling for pleasure. While online classes can usually be accessed from anywhere with a reliable internet connection, there are some things to consider before registering for class if you intend to complete the course while located outside of the U.S.  Availability of a Reliable Internet Connection To access most online classes, students must have a reliable internet connection. This may be a challenge in some areas of the world due to various issues such as local network instability, outages, firewalls, or restrictive local internet policies. Before registering for an online class, research the internet accessibility situation in the area in whi...

Four Enchanting USG Institutions to Visit During the Holidays

With holiday breaks soon approaching, there’s no better time to hit the road and visit a few of Georgia’s most beautiful college campuses. Whether it’s an old-fashioned postcard scene with snow-capped mountains or a symphony of lights, several colleges and universities are already hauling out the holly. Here’s a few of our favorites: University of North Georgia - With a backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains, UNG’s main campus is in Dahlonega, which Southern Living has named the “perfect Christmas town.” In addition to a variety of musical performances that you can catch on campus during the holidays, the town itself goes all out with lights, a festival of trees, and daily carriage rides. Georgia College and State University - This beautiful liberal arts college is steeped in tradition and will perform the 25th year of its Nutcracker ballet – right on campus. December 8-10, 2023 University of West Georgia – Just an hour from Atlanta, UWG is a newcomer to the holiday scene. 20...

University System of Georgia eCampus Offers Free Online Courses

Students can now take more than a dozen online non-credit college courses at no charge. While most students who take FreeCampus courses already attend USG colleges and universities, the courses are open to anyone. These self-paced courses are also asynchronous with traditional graded assessments. After successfully completing a course online, a student can receive a certificate for earning a grade of 75 percent or higher. There is no penalty for not completing a course. With a focus on courses that are sometimes a barrier to college completion, the USG FreeCampus program allows students to better prepare themselves for credit-bearing courses. For example, a dual-enrolled high school student can take an English composition course to hone his or her writing skills before taking the for-credit version at a College or University. An adult learner who is returning to college after years away can brush up on math, increasing both confidence and future academic performance. USG eCampus also ...